Find out how we handle your data
We take your data seriously
What Information Does The Platform Collect?
We may collect information from you directly, automatically when you visit the Platform, and from third parties. Some of this information may be considered “personal information” under various applicable laws. We consider information that identifies you as a specific, identified individual (such as your name, phone number, and email address) to be personal information. We will also treat additional information, including IP addresses and cookie identifiers, as “personal information” where required by applicable law. Note that we may de-identify personal information so that it is non-personal, such as aggregating or converting it to a code, sometimes using a function commonly known as “hash”. We will treat de-identified information as non-personal to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, then we will treat the combined information as personal information under this Policy.
Information You Provide Directly
Personal information we may collect from you when you use our services includes the information you provide when you create an account, make a listing (e.g. a swimming pool or other venue which may include information such as the city, neighborhood, and approximate geographic location displayed on a map of where the accommodation is located), or make a reservation, such as contact information (e.g., your name, address, email address, and telephone number) and birth date. It may also include billing information such as your credit card number and billing address. You may provide other information to us which can include personal information such as listings, or booking accommodations. Some features may allow you to view, create, reproduce, submit, display, perform, and/or share content, which includes images, written posts (e.g. reviews), comments, and other forms of multimedia (collectively, “User Content”). You may choose to provide us names or other contact information to send information to someone else, such as for a colleague to take advantage of a referral, or to send product information. If you send someone a communication from the Platform, the information you provide (names, email addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purposes, unless we obtain consent from that person. If you disclose any personal information relating to other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Information We Collect Automatically as You Access and Use the Platform
We may directly collect specific location information from your device if you have opted-in to such collection through one of our applications. You may be able to turn off the collection of location information through your device settings. However, please note that we may still be able to collect or infer your approximate location through other information we collect, such as IP address. In addition, some mobile service providers may also provide us or our third-party service providers or business partners with information regarding the physical location of the device used to access the Platform.
The methods used to collect Usage Information may include the following:
- Cookies and Local Storage: “Cookies” are small text files stored locally on your device; they are used by web browsers to remember stateful information, such as items added to a shopping cart, or to record the user’s browsing activity. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Platform.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are small, graphic images on a web page, web-based document, or in an email message that are designed to allow the Platform owner or a third party to monitor who is visiting a site or accessing an email, and when.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Platform, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device used to access the Platform from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Platform, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- E-tags/cache browsers/web logs: Like most standard website servers, we log IP addresses (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet) and device identification in order to improve security, analyse trends, administer the Platform, track users’ movements on the Platform and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- HTML5: We use Local Storage (such as HTML5) to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To Provide Services: We use your personal information to provide the services you request
- To Improve and Customise Our Services: We use your personal information to improve and customise our services, including our content, layout, and offerings.
- To Provide and Deliver Products and Services: We may use your personal information to provide, deliver, and process products or services that you request.
- For Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We may use your personal information to market and promote our products and services, including special offers, promotions, contests, and other events or activities.
- For Research and Analytics: We may use your personal information for research and analytics purposes, including to analyze and improve our services and the content, layout, and offerings on our Platform.
- To Address Problems with the Platform or Our Business: We may use your personal information to diagnose and resolve problems with the Platform or our business operations.
- To Protect the Security or Integrity of the Platform and Our Business: We may use your personal information to help protect the Platform, including detecting and preventing security incidents, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- For Legal and Safety Purposes: We may use your personal information to comply with legal obligations and respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
How We Share Information
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Service Providers: We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, email delivery, marketing, analytics, and other services.
- Business Partners: We may share your personal information with business partners, such as third-party advertisers and advertising networks, to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies for business, operational, promotional, and marketing purposes.
- Legal and Safety Purposes: We may share your personal information to comply with legal obligations and respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal processes.
- Merger or Acquisition: In the event that we are involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, or other transaction, your personal information may be transferred to another entity as part of that transaction.
- Consent: We may share your personal information with your consent or at your direction.
You have the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access and Correction: You may access, correct, or update your personal information by logging into your account settings and updating your profile information.
- Opt-Out of Marketing Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails.
- Location Information: You may be able to turn off location collection through your device settings.
- Cookies: You can typically remove or reject cookies through your browser settings.
The Platform is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting a new version on the Platform. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us.
Updated and Effective: October 14, 2023